Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

St Michael's Staff Photos

We're using Google Picasa web albums for storing and sharing all our photos for St Michael's 150th celebrations. There are a couple of good reasons for this choice.
  • It integrates neatly with this blog making uploading images a snap.
  • It allows face recognition so that names can be added to group photos.
  • It gives a big chunk of space on the web for free.
If you haven't browsed the albums, I'd encourage you to do so as many photos and images will appear there  before a blog post is written about them. You can even leave comments under each photo.

Former St Michael's school secretary, Mrs Jean Edwards, has graciously supplied a box of school photos from her archive for use during our 150th celebrations. From her collection, here are three staff photos from across the decades. As with each of these blog posts, you can click on the image to see a larger version.

Can you name the staff members on each of the 3 photos?

St Michael's Primary School Staff February 1975
(Named version)
St Michael's Primary School Staff 1990 - 1991
(Named version)
St Michael's Primary School Staff 1997
(Named version)
So, is there anyone here that you recognise?

11 comments:

  1. quite a few in the 1997 one as many taught me & my Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's brought back some memories! I can name virtually all the staff from 1975 - the year I started at St Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick responses, ladies. If you name names, I'll add them to the 150th albums. Thanks.

    Maire

    BTW, there's something off with the comment times. In our case, they're 8 hours behind. Apparently it's a known blogger bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the 1975 photo:
    Back row, left to right - Mrs Atkins? (this is the only I'm struggling with at the moment), Mrs Cole, Mrs Quinault, Mrs Blackman, Mrs Williams, Mrs Cox, Mrs Edwards, Mrs Morton.
    Front row, left to right - Mrs Maskell, Mr Maskell, Mrs Nash

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a trip down memory lane.
    1990. Back row 2nd lady in is Mrs Craig (class 1) then Mr Boulain (year 6) then Mr Davis (headteacher), then Mrs Greedy (year 3...I remember standing outside the class lining up for what was maybe our first day and being told we weren't going to be class 4 but year 3 instead...so disappointing!!)

    1997. Back row lady third in row is Miss Rack (year 4) I think we were her first. Class at the school. Then second row third in the row is Mrs Whailia (pro a ly spelt wrong sorry!) Think she had the pleasure of teaching my brother. Front row is Mr Davis, Mr Boulain, Mrs Edwards.

    So many memories. Mr. Boulain was the best. Miss Rack was an great could go on but will be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are you? AS I remember being told that we were going into Year 3 rather than class 4. Also I was the 1st year to be taught by Miss Rack

      Delete
  6. Sharon Cox nee Mann17 February 2012 at 19:05

    1975 teachers are my St Michael's teachers and yes I think your right Clare, it's Mrs Atkins, I think she was "Top Class" teacher along with Mr Birch in the terrapin ? Happy Happy memories, I so wanted to be like Mrs Quinault wearing those fantastic glasses. French lessons with Mrs Morton, we all took on a French names, mine was Jacqueline, and netball with Mrs Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1997
    Front row (L to R): Mrs Chuter, Mr Catton, -, Mr Davies, - , Mr Boulain, - .
    Centre (L to R): Mrs Pereguine, Mrs Priestman, Mrs Whalia, - , Mrs Thair, Mrs Carter.
    Top row is going to annoy me, may have to question my Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1990 the lady in the purple shoes is Mrs mesley I think. It just popped into my head.

    Sorry hadn't worked this blog thing before I was the anon message from earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare Hardy nee Pullar18 February 2012 at 11:51

    1990 front row, pink shirt is Mrs Morton and Mrs Bly is sat next to her in the checked shirt.

    Kathryn, yes that is Mrs Mesley in the purple shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I asked my mum (dinner lady Mrs Leslie) as it was bothering me. In the 1997 photo the lady to the right of Mr Catton is Mrs Kennel.

    ReplyDelete