Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Frankie Evans, attended 1994 - 2001

Not all of our memories of St Michael's are rosy. Some are tragic and remind us of shattered expectations. Personally, I had high hopes for primary school. See Figure 1 for proof.

Frankie Evans, 1994

However, upon arrival, my imaginings and dreams about how Reception would be were roundly dashed before the strike of ten. I saw desks, toys, other little children in the place of what I had always thought would tower majestically over me as I stepped through the blue porch door: the Reception Class Bouncy Castle. Gone were the lofty dreams and carefree daydreams of a bouncing reception year, of paradise lost, and mine were jolting disillusion and deepest despair - at least, until I met my future primary school partner in crime, Hayley Thair, half an hour later, at which point all was saved.

Frankie Evans, 1994-2001

2 comments:

  1. maybe you'll prepare your own kids for school better than your parents obviously did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
    Regards!
    Frankie

    ReplyDelete