Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

The Malone Family 1963 - 2012

Mrs Erica Malone 1963 - 2012
Mrs Erica Malone
Ever since 1963 St Michaels has been a running theme throughout my life. I started as a pupil, my two boys went to school there, and for the past 17 years I have been a teaching assistant in the reception class.

After moving from London in 1963 I joined St Michael's. At the time Mr Maskell was the Headmaster and I still remember having fun in the playground and painting in art class. I can also recall vividly the huge classroom heater protected by a fireguard and sitting at my desk which were in rows.

In 1987 St Michael's reappeared in my life when my eldest son, Bradley, started in reception. Three years later my youngest son, Travis, also joined the school. They always had such big smiles on their faces when they returned from class trips to London, Lakeside and Ufton Court. Parents' evening were not so fun!

After being a parent helper for many years, I joined the school as a permanent reception teaching assistant. Over the past 17 years I have seen over 400 children pass through the class and have loved seeing them develop and grow.

Bradley Malone: 1987 - 1993

My first year at St Michael's fell on the 125th anniversary and as part of the event we buried a time capsule in the school garden. I cannot remember what we put in the capsule and the area has now been built on so we may never find out. I can also remember spending a lot of time sitting outside the head teachers office!

Travis & Bradley Malone 1992
Travis Malone: 1990 - 1996

My first memory of St Michael's School was when I was in Reception and didn't want to go in one day. My mum tricked me into going and all my memories since then are positive! I had a lot of fun at primary school including - playing stuck in the mud, identifying water boatmen and other insects in the school pond and singing assembly songs with unforgettable lyrics (e.g. from the tiny ant...to the elephant…).

No comments:

Post a Comment